NHS Commissioned Services Support
e.g. sexual health services, stop smoking, substance misuse, minor ailments, Inhaler technique
PharmOutcomes is a web-based system which helps community pharmacies provide services more effectively and makes it easier for commissioners to audit and manage and report on these services. PharmOutcomes can ease the burden of record keeping, service management and financial tracking for services and capture the evidence of community pharmacy’s benefit for patients.
- Prepare bespoke modules or review and update existing modules to ensure they meet the service specification and reporting requirements of the commissioner (both clinical and operational considerations)
- Support the GM approach to streamline service data collection into a web-based secure system, all reporting at CHL and commissioner level is pseudo-anonymised
- Support best practice examples in modules from other areas within the GM licence e.g. Levonorgestrel vs Ulipristal decision-making algorithm for EHC supply
- Complete set up of new/amended modules – enrolment criteria, accredit pharmacies, set up funding to ensure accurate invoicing, upload service documentation
- Create/support all communications to providers regarding the changes as per the commissioner’s requirements
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Running an expressions of Interest allows for all potential providers to be reviewed in a fair and equitable manner.
CHL can support and/or manage all aspect of an expression of interest process.
- Set up and manage an EOI process where a commissioner wishes to either expand or rationalise the current providers, or secure providers of a new service
- Develop selection criteria based on the commissioners needs and ensure a fair and transparent selection process is conducted and agreed by the LPC
- Manage all communications to pharmacies regarding the EOI
- Provision of training/support via webinar for any new providers to ensure understanding of the service specification and its requirements
- Manage set up activities as required by the commissioner including collating signed documentation from pharmacies
- NB the contracting arrangements between the commissioner and the pharmacies will remain as is, CHL does not hold contracts directly with pharmacies for NHS services
Performance Management & PPV
- We can also provide support with performance managing services and with Post-Payment Verification (PPV) and audit
- Please see our Performance Management document for more information
Collaborative working with LPCs and NHS commissioners has enabled CHL to develop a range of services which support all elements of commissioning. The CHL offer is responsive and flexible, with expert delivery and is proven to reduce bureacracy and generate efficiencies for commissioners.
Proof of concept / value pilots
CHL works with LPCs, Academic Health Science Network/Health Innovation Manchester and other commissioners to review local health needs and priorities and identify where community pharmacy can get involved and add value.
Securing funding from various sources including NHS and the Pharmaceutical Industry, CHL will scope, develop, implement, mobilise and performance manage pilot services. Evaluation is key to ensure scale up and commissioning once the value/concept is proven.
Secretariat & Admin Support
CHL can provide efficiencies for our partner organisations by providing a variety of secretarial and administrative support.
This support could include:
- Set up and monitoring of an email address. Including responding to general enquiries.
- Set up, hosting and maintenance of a website (as a section of the CHL website or as a standalone website)
- Creation and maintenance of a database for a specific purpose/project
- Collation of reports, email campaigns, newsletters, etc
- Meeting support, e.g. creating agendas and minute taking
- Recruitment. Including advertising roles, candidate screening and interviews. May also be able to support with induction of the new hire
Community Pharmacy Private Flu Vaccination Service for Employers
- Provide a solution for organisations to vaccinate their staff flexibly with community pharmacy locations, and onsite clinics where appropriate
- Deliver a COVID-compliant vaccination process including reduced data capture (and therefore time)
- Manage the set up and delivery with community pharmacies, providing one point of contact for the employer
Find out more